I thought I would post an update on Aiden's sleeping (or lack there of) situation. You may recall us mentioning our situation in a previous post. It has now been almost 6 weeks (40 days or 960 hours to be exact!) since Aiden's two month check-up and the beginning of his sleep boycott.
I make this post requesting encouragement from our readership.
Sadly, we have actually moved backwards in our sleep training. He averages 8 hours of sleep a day when babies typically get 16 hours. He has now started to boycott daytime naps whereas we previously had a good handle on the daytime schedule. And at night he is waking up every hour and a half to two hours. Two or three times this past week I was up from around midnight to 4am trying to get Aiden to sleep.
We recently went to our pediatrician to see if there was anything medically wrong like an ear infection. He gave a few suggestions but for the most part Aiden checked out with flying colors.
Obviously, this is wearing us down. We are exhausted and find it hard to do anything other than collapse during his short and rare naps. When the sleep boycott started 40 days ago, we thought it was going to last a couple of days and eventually Aiden would get back to normal. We were not anticipating the saga to continue for 40 days with no end in site.
Pray for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment