Monday, June 04, 2007

First Taste

Aiden had his first taste of rice cereal today! Despite increasing his formula intake the past several days, he's still seemed unsatisfied after feedings, so we thought that he might be ready for more substance. I had no idea what to expect for the first feeding. I think I expected him to only take a few bites and push most of each bite back out of his mouth. But he didn't! At first he tried to suck on the spoon like he would a bottle, but within minutes, he had caught on to the idea of opening his mouth and swallowing. He loved the cereal, and before I knew it, he had scarfed down almost the entire bowl (about 2 tbsp prepared). We both had a blast, albeit a messy one, and Aiden really enjoyed the new food and eating experience!

A video will follow soon, but here's a sneak peek at my cereal-eating darling...

No comments: