Monday, March 23, 2009

Big Brother Update

Everyone has been asking how Aiden is adjusting to his new little brother. At first, he seemed fairly disinterested. In fact, he actually called him Eli (another baby at our church) more often than he called him Caleb! He warmed up more after we came home from the hospital, checking on Caleb's whereabouts throughout the day and even giving him good night kisses before heading up to bed. We would often ask him if he wanted to hold baby Caleb, and he always answered in the negative. Better to be viewed from afar, I guess!

But this morning he came to visit Caleb and me upstairs and asked "Aiden hold baby?" for the first time! So I helped him in to my rocker and set Caleb on his lap. Within minutes, Caleb started fussing, and just like a pro, Aiden picked up the pacifier, popped it in to the baby's mouth, and cuddled Caleb until he quieted down. We were proud parents! Thankfully, Caleb seemed to sense the importance of this big brother moment and actually sucked on the pacifier instead of spitting it out and continuing to scream like he often does for us! We're so excited to have two sweet boys!


3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Congratulations you guys! I am so glad to hear that all went well. You have two beautiful boys! Miss you and would love to catch up some time.

Tiffani

The Oswalds said...

So sweet, I love it!

Grace said...

So adorable!!
Congrats to you all! I love watching Violet and Owen interact too. It is the best gift you could have ever given Aiden!