Last week's theme at preschool was safety. Traffic safety. Bicycle safety. Fire safety. Stranger danger. Etc. I think the kids must have practiced stop-drop-roll every day because Aiden kept coming home and declaring, "Guess what we learned today! Stop! Drop! Roll!" He would often demonstrate for us too.
As a special treat for the kids, a fire truck and ambulance came to visit the preschool one morning! The firemen talked about...you guessed it!...stop-drop-roll as well as smoke alarms and how firemen's gear isn't scary (the girls weren't convinced). Then the kids climbed in and toured both the fire truck and ambulance.
I debated for over a week whether or not to be *that* parent and ask the teachers if I could swing by, see the fire truck too, and take pictures! Well, the photographer in me won out- obviously I need photos to make a preschool scrapbook!- and the teachers were so welcoming and actually glad to have an extra camera present.
The fire truck was super cool, and I'm somewhat inspired to have a fire station birthday party this year or next!






1 comment:
Yeah! New pictures! My favorite is the one with Aiden laughing. Super cute!
Post a Comment