Caleb cried off and on until 11pm, and we had just settled him down in to a deep sleep when Aiden woke up sobbing and declaring that he wanted to get in his car and go home (exact words!) We're not sure if he was scared of the outdoor noises or just cold. Aiden took over Josh's sleeping bag, Josh slept on the floor of the tent with no blankets, and we all woke up FREEZING! We decided to pack up a few hours early and then crashed from exhaustion as soon as we walked in the door.
Oh, and did I mention that a raccoon crept up to our camp fire while we were roasting s'mores and snatched our bag of marshmallows from right beside us? I've never seen such a bold raccoon in my life! Outrageous!
All in all, I'm glad we went, and I look forward to taking the boys again. And next time we go, I will be packing two bags of marshmallows!
1 comment:
Wow, what an adventure. Good thing the happy moments tend to out numbner the bad. And you will always have funny memories to laugh about.
Post a Comment