Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Weekend

I didn't plan to do anything fun or festive for Valentine's Day, but at the last minute, I changed my mind and dashed to Michaels and Target for baking and crafting supplies! I'm so glad I did!

First, we started with finger painting!


We got a little messy.
I'm still not sure how paint got on the tummy.


Using Aiden's paintings, we made Valentines for his friends.


We made heart garland for the windows using scrapbook paper.


On Valentines morning, we made heart-shaped, chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Oh. So. Yummy.


We baked cookies.


Then we decorated them.


And we wanted to eat them straight away. Which we did.


We even delivered Valentines and chocolates to the residents of a local nursing home, but I don't have any pictures of that.

What a fun, memorable weekend we had! We hope that your Valentine's Day was filled with as much fun, love, and sugar as ours was!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Beth - you are a super mom! So creative and so many fun things! I love the paint on the tummy! :)

Grandma Grandpa K said...

I'm so impressed! What creative fun and a great memory, too. Aiden has such a great Mommy!

Ben and Holli said...

Beth--you are so creative! What great projects. I love the finger painting mess!

The Oswalds said...

What a fun festive weekend! Way to go, Mom!