At least that's how this mama feels! Where did the last three and a half years go?!?
Today marked Aiden's first day of school ever! He has been looking forward to this day for weeks, and I am so excited for him!
Preschool doesn't start until 9am, but Daddy leaves for the academy at 7:15am, and I wanted to squeeze in a special breakfast and pictures before he left. I woke up at what felt like the crack of dawn to make monkey bread, scrambled eggs, and chocolate milk for all to enjoy. And oh boy was it worth it! Super duper yummy!
After breakfast, we scurried out to the lawn to snap those first-day-of-school pictures! The day was overcast, dreary, and foggy. But he looked like such a big boy all of a sudden!
Today is a show and share day. Each child took in three items to share with the class during a get-to-know-you activity during circle time. I sent a family picture and let Aiden choose two toys. He chose Thomas the Train and his If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Book that he got in his kids meal at Chick-fil-a last week.
Caleb and I dropped him off with time to spare. I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only mom who opted not to use the carpool line on the very first day. I resisted the urge to hover in the hallway and peek through the door. Three short hours seem so long this morning, and I can't wait to hear all about his first day!
Cute pictures of Caleb coming tomorrow with pictures of our first apple picking adventure of the season to follow shortly after, so check back soon!










4 comments:
I'm literally having a panic attack reading this post! You are such a great mom to get up and make such a special breakfast. I hope that his first day went great!
Aiden you are so adorable! I bet you LOVED school! Beth-my mom did special things on our first days of school and I still remember how great it was!
Precious Memories! We had a special Back to School Breakfast with Dad too. But wish we had that monkey bread! Yum! Love Aiden's camo!
He's getting so big, and looks a lot like Josh in their picture together. Happy 1st day, hope it went great!
Post a Comment