Friday, December 05, 2008

Toddler Interaction

A MORNING CONVERSATION
Avery & Aiden:
"Oatmeal! Oatmeal! Oatmeal!"

Me:
"One minute...the oatmeal needs to cool."

Avery:
"Okay. Aiden, go get my chair now. Aiden, go."

So Aiden heads in to the dining room and returns to the kitchen pushing Avery's high chair which he proceeds to park in the same corner where I always set up her high chair when she's here.


Avery, in a prim and proper tone:
"Thank you, Aiden."

My observations:
Avery is turning in to quite the diva, and Aiden appears to be quite whipped!

AN AFTERNOON CONVERSATION

I come out of the kitchen to find Aiden sitting in my computer chair, pounding on the keyboard. Avery is sitting on the floor several feet away, reading a book. Aiden looks up and sees me. I give him my sternest look.


Aiden, as he hops down from the computer chair:
"No, no, no! No 'puter, Avery! Get down! No 'puter, Avery! No, no, no!"

Avery, confused:
"What?"

Aiden:
"No 'puter, Avery! No touch!"

My observations:
Adults underestimated the intelligence of almost two year olds. I had no idea that Aiden could understand the concept of trying to blame someone else for his trouble making. And I loved how he thought I'd buy in to his story even though he was sitting in the computer chair! Too funny!

2 comments:

The Oswalds said...

so funny!

Jenn said...

That's fabulous!