Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Phone Dump

This summer is turning in to one of the best and busiest summers that we've had in several years! We seem to be running around non stop and having so much fun! I honestly don't think the boys know what's hit them!

This week the boys had VBS downtown every day-- Thank you, Kate, for the wonderful invitation to visit your church! The boys loved it!-- and somehow we also managed to squeeze in trips to the park, the pool, and the library!

Here's what else we've been up to...

Water Play. 

Aiden has declared that every Sunday should be "Slip 'n Slide Sunday" so we got out the slip 'n slide again this past week, and the boys enjoyed running around, slipping, sliding, and mostly just falling!

IMG_1624 IMG_1633 IMG_1632 IMG_1660

Hot Afternoon. 

The week started out cool with beautiful temperatures in the 70s with low humidity. Love. But now temperatures are creeping back up in to 90s (and 100s, yuck!) so one afternoon we cooled off with our favorite frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog! Delish.

IMG_1680 IMG_1683 IMG_1684 IMG_1687

Summer Bucket List. 

{Summer Bucket List} Make Monster T-shirts!...check! We used r.e.i. iron-ons that I found on clearance at Target several months ago. And they turned our soooooo cute!

IMG_1637

{Summer Bucket List} Make campfire cones on the grill!...check! We didn't burn them this time, so we feel like we can now officially mark them off our list! Yum, yum! (Recipe here.)

IMG_1649

{Summer Bucket List} Catch & release fireflies!...check! One night we stayed up late and relaxed around the fire pit until the fireflies joined us. Daddy is a pro at finding and catching them, and we had our little jar filled in a matter of minutes! Pictures are practically impossible in the dark, but here's a glimpse of our first catch of the night before the sun completely disappeared!

IMG_1415


Finds.

I found Shadow on top of our kitchen cabinets one afternoon, hanging out next to my china. Nice.

IMG_1582

I found Aiden in a funny sleeping position every night that I checked on him this week, but this one is my favorite. I don't know how he sleeps like that!

IMG_1713

And I found this lovely gem of a kitchen table on Craigslist for a steal of a deal! Maybe silly to put on the blog, but I am SO excited to be rid of the huge, round, ugly, tile-topped table we use to have in the kitchen! Best part? I actually made $10 when I sold the ugly one and bought the cute one! Score!

IMG_1716

And that concludes this week's Friday Phone Dump! 

Have a great weekend!

{Instagram via @bkarrer}


No comments: